Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Im so glad your life is Miserable!

It is amazing to me how much satisfaction some people get from degrading others. I was looking through a few magazines today while waiting for my husband to get out of surgery, and I was so taken back by all the terrible things written in them. I understand that actors and actresses are in the public eye, but OMG the terrible things that are in these publications is alarming!

More alarming than that is that people buy, read and believe all these things. How sad for people to treat each other with such disregard. It seems so easy for people to dehumanize each other, give stories to magazines about their friends and family to make a buck, stab each other in the back, lie and cheat each other, throw away friendships and family relationships. For what? To be right? To be better? To be more important?

3 comments:

Kathy Trejo said...

yeah i don't get it either! i too am amazed at the stuff in those magazines...i usually just stare at the front covers of them waiting in grocery store lines LOL ...like yeah Tom cruise is breaking up with whats her name...LOL Sometimes you gotta laugh at the absurdness of it all. It's sad but i think its part of the entertainment business. wierd

Kathy Trejo said...

Hope you husband is doing fine!

Groove Talking... said...

Hi Kathy, so nice to hear from you! Yeah, I never buy any of that stuff, but I was so board sitting there I decided to see what the heck is in those magazines. Now I know why I never buy them.

Ron is doing great! He had surgery for a deviated septum, which was corrected. Now he will be able to breath through his nose.