Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Garden of Delights


My organic garden brings me so much joy!
I am growing:  zucchini, cucumber, yellow squash,

tomatoes, potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli,

several varieties of peppers

more peppers

pole beans, fava beans, cantaloupe, honeydew melon
water melon and pumpkins.


The Gardener's Morning
The robin's song at daybreak
Is a clarion call to me.Get up and get out in the garden,
For the morning hours flee.

I cannot resist the summons,
What earnest gardener could? 
For the golden hours of morning
Get into the gardener's blood.

The magic spell is upon me,
I'm glad that I did not wait;
For life's at its best in the morning,
As you pass through the garden gate.
- Howard Dolf

2 comments:

Kathy Trejo said...

O wow! what goodies you have in your garden. yummy. That poem you posted was perfect with the veggie pictures.

My fig tree has lots of fruit this summer...still waiting for them to turn ripe and sweet. The birds love eating them too. One night i walked out with my husband and we caught a possum (looks like a huge rat like creature with skinny tail and long nose) in the tree...maybe he/she was hungry. I wish i had a camera close by to take the shot.

Have a great wednesday! :)

Groove Talking... said...

I love figs. I have never seen possum here but we do get racoons.