Monday, September 24, 2007

Racing my Bike and Loving It!

I have been having so much fun riding cycle cross. I have participated in 4 races so far this season and I am sort of getting the hang of it. At this weekend's race in Prunedale (I didn't come in last) and that was so awesome!

I started riding a bike because it is my husbands passion and I wanted to share that passion with him. The great thing is that I really love it! Being able to share this with him has given us so much joy, it's like we are dating all over again. He is always there cheering me on, and yelling out riding tips that I don't understand.

This last race we did in Prunedale I could hear him yelling out, "get in a bigger gear"! I'm thinking, does that mean a harder or an easier gear??? Then I was confused and in pain at the same time. I haven't quite got the lingo down yet, but I am sure I will soon.....I hope!

Anyway-I don't care much about winning, but I do love to challenge myself. I love to get out and see what my body can do. I love the wonderful people we meet. I have had so much fun with all the ladies, everyone is out there having fun and cheering each other on. Most important, I love sharing this wonderful sport with my honey!

5 comments:

Ron Castia said...

You are doing great, and your skills are coming along very well.

And and, you are just so damn cute to watch! You and your "Dead Elvis" suffering look.

~ lauren said...

groovy t! hi! it's me lauren.

was so nice to meet you and hang out with you on sunday! and you did great!

i'm out there doing the same thing you are - having lots of fun.

see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Great job groovy!!!
I'm glad you're having fun...

Groove Talking... said...

Thanks guys! It is the most painful fun I have ever had.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

you've been doing so great, T! I'm glad you're having fun and that you and ron are able to share your passion for the sport.

Lorri