Monday, October 30, 2006

I DID IT!!!





I had the best time this weekend! Ron and I (and kids) went with some friends of ours to a Cyclecross event in Wastonville this weekend and had such a great time.

I first attended a Cyclecross clinic on Saturday morning with a great instructor named Carmen. Carmen was so great, she made it look so easy and she worked with us for several hours. I only planned on doing the clinic because I thought it would be fun to try, I have never raced before and I have only gone Mt. Biking once. Carmen thought the race would be great practice for me so I told her I would think about it.

Sunday morning I woke up thinking that it would be crazy for me to try this race with so little experience, but I thought, What The Hell......I will do it! Oh My GOD, it was the hardest thing I have ever done. I wanted to die after my first lap, but all my friends and my honey kept cheering me on, so I kept going. The other racers were so nice to me, every time they lapped me they told me how great I was doing. By my third lap, with Ron following me on his bike cheering me on I finished the race dirty, tired, and tears running down my cheeks.

I am going back in two weeks to give it another go. All I need now is a new Pink cyclecross bike!

9 comments:

X Bunny said...

that is sooo awesome!

you caught on to why we race--for our fans!!

Kathy Trejo said...

Thats great! :)

concerned citizen said...

reading your post I felt like I wanted to be there cheering you on, too! like bunny said, SOOO AWESOME!

Brent said...

yippeee.. what a race to start with. There are not many with that big a climb and swirlee of death..

Keep coming for more. Oh and watch on ebay, i see pink rocklobster cross bikes popping up on there every now and then.. or maybe you can talk ron into ordering up a custom pink one from Paul.. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you crrrazy woman!!!

Good for you...I would have liked to be there to cheer for you!!!

Maybe next time ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nice pics!!!

that hill would have hurt.....

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Teresa, you were incredible! You were just glowing after the race. Congratulations. I'm very proud of you and I know Ron and the kids are too!

Lorri

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I'll say it again, you're amazing! And yes, definitely get a pink bike!!! Pink bikes are cool. And fast. And light. And fun.

Lorri

Dr. Xeno said...

Go T! Loved seeing you on WOT raide last Sat, didn't know you entered racedom already; suwheeet!

great pix too, thanks!